Sunday 3 November 2013

October's block for quilts around the world

 
 
 
 
 
 
October's block is called "Scrappy Granny Square Quilt Block" and this was made for the Queen Bee that live in Tucson Arizona .
 
The criteria was bright colours with a white background and boarded in a solid colour. We could choose any 2 main colours and then have shades of those colour to make up the block. Again the block finished as to be 12.5 inches square.
 
The reason mine is doubled sashed (boarded) is I did not have enough blue fabric to make a wide boarder so I added the red. Which the Queen Bee loves and the block is very different from the others I have seen.
 
but this is the fun of doing a quilt from around the world each block will be so different.
 
I have never made a block like this and it was fun. So far all but one block is new to me and I have learn so much while taking part in quilts fro around the world.
 
 
 
Thank you for stopping by ...... see you soon.....
 
Keep sewing .........
 

No comments:

Post a Comment