Wednesday 28 August 2013

Chicken basket cover


My little sister was surfing the internet from her sick bed the other month and found a chicken basket cover for your bread rolls.
She instantly fell in love with it and sent me an email, requesting I make it for her as she is ill in bed and it would cheer her up. And as we have been on our bread course and we both have been making rolls and pitta bread she could use it to cover them. And as her birthday was coming up and it would be the perfect gift. The list of why I should making it for her went on and on, finishing at I am your only little sister our middle sister is your only middle sister and when she see it she will want one so really you could make us one each!!!!!
How could I say no to the list of "why you should ".
I went on "Diary of a Crafty Lady" blog and found the instructions. I used the template for my hen doorstop and I used the same fabric.
Under one of the wings I made a pocket opening so you can put your hand in to retrieve a roll out of the basket. 
When I gave her, her chicken basket cover for her rolls, the first thing she asked was will it fit on my head!!!!!!! Charming................. I know what's coming next.... Can you make one for my head and all the reasons why!!
Needless to say she loved it and is using it as I write this. But I think her two little girls have their eyes on it and want it for themselves.
So thank-you Diary of a craft lady for posting it on your blog. It has made my little sister very happy, my middle sister has not seen it yet as she is living in Malaysia at the moment but is back visiting very soon, So that could all change.
Thanks for stopping by, hopefully it may have inspired you to have a go at making one....
See you soon and keep sewing.......

No comments:

Post a Comment