Thursday 7 March 2013

Travelcard Holder.


Here is my very first Travelcard Holder. I am so impressed with myself.

And it was easy to make. 

All you need is a template 8 1/2 inches long by 3 inches wide, some transparency's or acetate ( I used OHP Transparency's as that's all I had.)  two fabrics, ribbon and some interfacing or card. Oh and a button but that is optional.

First I  ironed the interfacing to my lining fabric, then I put both fabric's together. (Right sides facing) and drew around my template.

Then I machined, yes I machined the fabric together leaving a opening to turn right side out.

I then cut the transparency's, slightly smaller than 3 inches, machined the ribbon around the edges. (Well that was an eye opener, never done that before and my word what a job that was!!!!!!!! It took me ages and a lot of naughty words directed at the sewing machine. At one point the chickens left the cabin in total shock at me cursing the sewing machine and did not return until I put the thing away)

Then because of the disagreement with me and the sewing machine, I hand sewed these to the travel wallet. Which was a lot easier and calmer for me...... I felt the tension leave.



Then I added my bow , button and sewed the opening up and  it was finished. My very own travel wallet, all I need to do now is to go on a train and try it out.


If you are going to use card as a strenghthener cut just under 3 inches wide and about 3 - 3 1/2 inches long. Slot into the holder and sew up the opening and complete as above.

Thanks for stopping by................... keep sewing ........................

See you soon ..

No comments:

Post a Comment