Saturday 22 December 2012

Christmas Baking






I have been baking again, this time for Christmas. But it won't last, the snickerdoodles, yule log, mince pies and biscotti will be eaten before Christmas.  So I will be making more before Christmas Eve.


I have never made snickerdoodles before, but have always wanted too, so I did. The only problem was the spoon measurement they said "a tablespoon of dough rolled into a ball" the picture made the snickerdoodles neat and round, mine were miss shaped and large. The next batch I tried a smaller spoon they came out smaller but just as flat never mind they taste good and are nice with a cup of tea.

Then I made biscotti, which I just love and is always better than the shop brought one. I added some nutmeg on top for that Christmas taste.

Our Yule Log has been done with butter icing and a little chocolate butter icing as I not a lover of chocolate.

And you can't have Christmas without mince pies with little hearts on top.






I want to make Lebkuchen-German Christmas Ginger Cookies but I need a good recipe so I am off to the library to find one or if anyone knows of a good recipe please let me know.





Happy Cooking

Thanks for stopping by .. See you soon and Happy Hoildays'

No comments:

Post a Comment